Thursday, September 16, 2010

You're a Star Card



So it's no secret that I love the Kraftin Kimmie Stamps!  I was literally giddy with excitement when I received my first two KK stamps last week.  I purchased Snow White because I thought she would be versatile and I just love her hair!  (I also got Zelda the Zombie because how freakin' cool is a Zombie stamp??!!)

I thought Snow White would work well for my first KK challenge.  Doesn't she look like she could be on the red carpet at a Hollywood premiere?!
 
I plan to enter this card into the following challenges:
kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.com-Let's Be Girlie Girls
sketchsaturday.blogspot.com-Sketch (see below)


I colored my image using my Copic Sketch Markers (V01/12/17, E000/00/11/53/55/57, and R20/22).  It's hard to see in the photo but I added some sparkle to her bow, her puffy sleeves and the lines of her dress with a clear spica pen.  I stamped the sentiment from hero arts at the bottom of my image.  I used Bazzill cardstock as my card base and I used my fiskars edge punch on a matching scrap.  I cut a star from gold paper and embossed the same gold paper with a texture fade embossing folder from Tim Holtz and then cut out a rectangle.  Using the sketch above I assembled the card, inking and distressing most of the pieces.  I used sequined ribbon to make a border for the image and I popped the star up using foam adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment