Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Jessamine Corner Bookmark


For the record-I am officially a crafting nerd!  I actually woke up early to work on this project.  Have I mentioned that I hate waking up in the mornings?! 

I made this corner bookmark for the latest challenge over at All That Scraps.  I was really excited for this challenge because I love to read and I always need bookmarks!  I love the Sweet November Line, especially the Twisted Sisters.  So I decided to use Jessamine who you can find here in the All That Scraps store.

I plan to enter this bookmark into the following challenges:
atsblog.typepad.com/wednesdayschallenge/ -Corner Bookmark
charismacardz.blogspot.com-Try Something New
bee-crafty.blogspot.com-Fall Into Fashion

Since I have never made a corner bookmark before I followed the link from the ATS Challenge Blog to Splitcoaststampers for a tutorial (click here for the tutorial).  I was happily surprised to discover it was pretty easy!  I followed the directions using my pre-colored Jessamine Image (I colored her with Copic Sketch Markers using the following colors: BV00/02/04, R20/83, YG23/25, E11/00/000, cut her out using a scalloped oval nestabilitie in my Quickutz Revolution and inked and distressed the edges), Violet Bazzill Cardstock, Euphoria patterned paper from Basic Grey and a bright green gauzy ribbon.  I punched the bottom edge of the bookmark with the Doily border punch from Martha Stewart.  Now that I know how-I'll probably be making tons more!

1 comment:

  1. Totally adorable! I love the border punch and that image is so SWEET! Thanks so much for joining us at Bee Crafty.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete