Saturday, September 4, 2010

Back to School Card


So my daughter, Jade, heads back to school on Wednesday of this coming week!  She will be in the 7th grade.  -Sigh- I don't know if I really am ready for the teen years...  But I digress-I meant to tell you that I wanted to surprise her with a card Wednesday morning.  (So hopefully she doesn't read this post!!!)  All the Fall challenges seemed perfect.  I colored my digital image School Days Ivy from the Wild Flower Patch to look a little like Jade, dirty blonde hair and blue eyes!  I decided to use the card from the Case Study Challenge (shown below) as my inspiration for Jade's Card.


My card will be entered in the following challenges:
thewildflowerpatch.com-Fall Colors
casestudychallenge.blogspot.com -Muse Card
pixieduststudiopixiechallenge.blogspot.com -Back to School

Muse Card from Case Study Challenges

I used the above card from Case Study Challenges to create my own card.  I cut my digital image into an oval and colored it using Prismacolor Pencils and Gamasol.  I used Ruby and Bronze Metallic Rub-ons around the oval and used distress ink and paper stain on the edge of the paper.  I then matted it on brown Bazzill cardstock cut into a scalloped oval.  I rounded the corners of my cardstock card base and the patterned paper-Indian Summer by Basic Grey.  I cut down a piece of light brown Bazzill cardstock-scalloping one edge with a Fiskars rolling cutter.  I then cut a strip of the coordinating patterned paper and adhered a strip of fiber.  I stamped three leaves from Studio G stamps and colored them with Prismacolors and Gamasol, cut them out and spread Crystal Stickles over them.  I finished up with a sentiment stamp from Hero Arts-Sky's the Limit.

7 comments:

  1. What a great layout, perfect colours, stunning effect! Thanks for sharing at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is super cute! The fall leaves are perfect for the school girl image! Fantastic coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card, and what a sweet surprise for you daughter!
    Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute image and wonderfully colored! And those little leaves are the perfect deatil to highlight your focal panel! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the leaves as an accent. So pretty.
    Thanks so much for playing the Paper Garden Projects Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely, Autumny card!
    Thanks so much for playing with us this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card! Love the colors! Thanks for joining us at Pixie Dust this week!

    ReplyDelete